Arizona Immigrant Rights and Arizona Immigration Reform News
keyword: Immigration Reform Arizona (from Google News)
- Sen. John McCain aims to revive immigration reform when he returns to Congress - AZCentral.com (Fri, 04 Aug 2017 02:21:46 GMT)
AZCentral.comSen. John McCain aims to revive immigration reform when he returns to Congress
"Immigration reform is one of the issues I'd like to see resolved," McCain told The Arizona Republic in a Thursday interview. "I've got to talk to him (Schumer) about when would be the best time. I think there are all kinds of deals to be made out ...
and more »
- Coalition fighting for 'dreamers,' immigration reform - Arizona Capitol Times (Thu, 27 Jul 2017 23:51:21 GMT)Coalition fighting for 'dreamers,' immigration reform
Arizona Capitol Times
They are hard-working individuals like 21-year-old Phoenix resident Maria Gonzalez, who spoke earlier this summer at a launch event for the FWD.us Arizona Coalition comprised of Arizona business leaders, community leaders and immigration reform ...
Movimiento Cosecha?Press Release: 15 Undocumented Youth and Allies Participate in Civil Disobedience in Texas
Movimiento Cosecha all 61 news articles »
- Donald Trump Hates Sen. Jeff Flake. How Far Will He Go to Defeat Him? - Slate Magazine (blog) (Thu, 17 Aug 2017 21:57:00 GMT)
Slate Magazine (blog)Donald Trump Hates Sen. Jeff Flake. How Far Will He Go to Defeat Him?
Slate Magazine (blog)
Last year, I went to Arizona to cover John McCain's reelection campaign and devoted much of my story to profiling Ward in her primary challenge against him. Like McCain, Flake is a mainstream conservative who supports comprehensive immigration reform, ...
Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "Great to see that Dr. Kelli Ward is running against Flake Jeff Flake, who is WEAK on ...
The knives are out: Trump expected to endorse Flake challenger at Arizona rally
Washington Times all 102 news articles »
- McCain Wants to Revive Immigration Reform - U.S. News & World Report (Fri, 04 Aug 2017 16:40:32 GMT)
U.S. News & World ReportMcCain Wants to Revive Immigration Reform
U.S. News & World Report
... of former President Barack Obama's health care law and a dramatic warning to his colleagues about the dangers of blind partisanship, the Arizona Republican said he has taken an initial step toward restarting negotiations for bipartisan immigration ...
John McCain Wants Immigration Reform, But Is That Possible in Trump's America?
John McCain says he hopes to revive immigration reform upon return to Congress
McCain on merit-based immigration bill: 'I wouldn't do it'
The Hill TPM- Newsmax- The Week Magazine all 271 news articles »
- Sen. Jeff Flake working Arizona as he faces tough 2018 race - ABC News (Fri, 11 Aug 2017 21:45:44 GMT)Sen. Jeff Flake working Arizona as he faces tough 2018 race
He has embraced immigration reform but does not share the president's enthusiasm for building a wall that would cut through his home state. Flake is unapologetic on his outspoken views but said he needs to talk openly about what he supports and what he ...
and more »
- Former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio Is Convicted of Criminal Contempt - New York Times (Mon, 31 Jul 2017 23:30:27 GMT)
New York TimesFormer Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio Is Convicted of Criminal Contempt
New York Times
Some supporters of stricter immigration enforcement rallied behind Mr. Arpaio. Dan Stein, the president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, said the election of President Trump had vindicated Mr. Arpaio's policies. ?Clearly Joe Arpaio ...
Judge Finds Former Arizona Sheriff Arpaio Guilty of Criminal Contempt
The New American all 346 news articles »
- Can Arizona's John McCain and Jeff Flake change the US Senate? - USA TODAY (Mon, 31 Jul 2017 22:22:52 GMT)
USA TODAYCan Arizona's John McCain and Jeff Flake change the US Senate?
Arizona's two Republican senators are making bold moves to combat the incivility and dysfunction that permeates U.S. politics today. Sen. John McCain, the six-term veteran and former GOP presidential nominee, in both word and deed, struck a blow last ...
In Arizona, it's Flake vs. Trump in a test of the GOP's allegiances
Flake makes waves with Trump takedown
In opening campaign salvo, Flake book says GOP has 'lost its way'
Kdminer Phoenix New Times- POLITICO Magazine all 443 news articles »
- More employers may be using temps to skirt immigration laws - TucsonSentinel.com (Thu, 17 Aug 2017 20:33:50 GMT)
TucsonSentinel.comMore employers may be using temps to skirt immigration laws
In eight of the nine states that require E-Verify for private employers (Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Utah), the number of temporary workers grew faster than the national average between 2012 and ...
- New report shows AZ economy relies on illegal immigration - AZFamily (Wed, 02 Aug 2017 03:00:02 GMT)
AZFamilyNew report shows AZ economy relies on illegal immigration
For immigration activists like Rep. Tony Navarrete, a Democrat from Phoenix, the numbers show how important migrants are to Arizona, but also make a strong case for immigration reform. "We have to provide some type of reform so that we are no longer ...
and more »
- Arizona immigrant rights leader killed by red-light runner - SFGate - SFGate (Thu, 03 Aug 2017 20:43:40 GMT)
SFGateArizona immigrant rights leader killed by red-light runner - SFGate
PHOENIX (AP) ? A well-known community organizer who used social media and technology in his behind-the-scenes efforts for immigrant rights was killed ...
and more »
keyword: Arizona Immigrant Rights (from Google News)
- Trump says he's considering pardoning ex-Arizona sheriff Arpaio - Las Vegas Review-Journal (Mon, 14 Aug 2017 18:58:30 GMT)
Las Vegas Review-JournalTrump says he's considering pardoning ex-Arizona sheriff Arpaio
Las Vegas Review-Journal
But it angered immigrant rights activists and others who say it amounts to support for racism on the same day that Trump disavowed white nationalists whose rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, turned violent this weekend, leaving one woman dead. A ...
Who Is Joe Arpaio, 'America's Toughest Sheriff' and the Man President Trump Wants to Pardon?
Trump 'seriously considering' a pardon for ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio
Joe Arpaio, Ex-Phoenix-area Sheriff, Might Get Trump Pardon
Patch.com U.S. News & World Report- CNN all 374 news articles »
- Arizona DREAMers Celebrate DACA Policy's 5th Anniversary - KJZZ (Wed, 16 Aug 2017 14:17:44 GMT)Arizona DREAMers Celebrate DACA Policy's 5th Anniversary
More than 100 students and immigration rights advocates gathered at the Arizona State Capitol late Tuesday to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy or DACA. The event was one of many being held around the ...
- Trump considers pardoning former Arizona sheriff Arpaio - Salt Lake Tribune (Tue, 15 Aug 2017 03:04:40 GMT)
Salt Lake TribuneTrump considers pardoning former Arizona sheriff Arpaio
Salt Lake Tribune
Arpaio campaigned for Trump at rallies in Iowa, Nevada and Arizona, and he gave a speech at the Republican National Convention in which he said Trump would prevent immigrants from coming into the country illegally. Trump has also invoked the former ...
- Arizona congress members urge President Trump not to pardon Joe Arpaio - AZFamily (Thu, 17 Aug 2017 17:53:48 GMT)
AZFamilyArizona congress members urge President Trump not to pardon Joe Arpaio
Three democratic representatives from Arizona sent a letter to President Trump Thursday morning urging him not to pardon former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. U.S. Representatives Ruben Gallego (D), Raul Grijalva (D) and Tom O'Halleran (D) sent ...
Why did President Donald Trump choose Arizona for an outside-the-swamp rally?
'Sheriff Joe' Could be Pardoned By Trump, or Sentenced in October
Voice of America
WENY News - Trump plans rally next week in Arizona: Here's why that matters
WENY-TV Phoenix Business Journal- ExpressNewsline- KQED all 230 news articles »
- Immigrants Appear Unshackled Before Judge In Arizona After Federal Ruling - HuffPost (Thu, 20 Jul 2017 01:31:22 GMT)
HuffPostImmigrants Appear Unshackled Before Judge In Arizona After Federal Ruling
Some public defenders and immigrant rights groups viewed the change as a positive, if limited, development. Bob Libal, director of the Texas-based group Grassroots Leadership, told HuffPost: ?It makes the process seem less overtly dehumanizing. I think ...
- Former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt - CNN (Mon, 31 Jul 2017 23:39:33 GMT)
CNNFormer Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt
Former Maricopa County, Arizona, Sheriff Joe Arpaio was accused of violating a court order in a racial profiling case by continuing patrols targeting immigrants. US District Court Judge Susan Bolton handed down her verdict in court papers signed on Monday.
Former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio guilty of criminal contempt
Joe Arpaio, former sheriff in Arizona, is found guilty of criminal contempt
Los Angeles Times
Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
KTAR.com New York Times- WUNC all 346 news articles »
- They Got Hurt At Work ? Then They Got Deported : NPR - NPR (Wed, 16 Aug 2017 09:01:07 GMT)
NPRThey Got Hurt At Work ? Then They Got Deported : NPR
A joint investigation by NPR and ProPublica shows how a loophole in Florida law has led to the arrest and even deportation of undocumented immigrants after ...
They Got Hurt At Work ? Then They Got Deported
WLRN all 1 news articles »
- Homemade Signs, Not Violence, Mark Day of Action Protests in Arizona - Phoenix New Times (Tue, 15 Aug 2017 03:35:22 GMT)
Phoenix New TimesHomemade Signs, Not Violence, Mark Day of Action Protests in Arizona
Phoenix New Times
Gallego had already shown his support for at least five of the bills, but Kenegos and a handful of other demonstrators went into his office to speak with his staff about three other bills, including a criminal justice and immigrant rights bill bashing ...
- After Arpaio guilty verdict, immigrant advocates want his legacy ... - PRI (Thu, 03 Aug 2017 22:22:56 GMT)
PRIAfter Arpaio guilty verdict, immigrant advocates want his legacy ...
Immigrant rights activists in Phoenix celebrated the news of former Sheriff Joe Arpaio's conviction by chanting under a balloon effigy of the former sheriff wearing ...
Guilty of contempt: Former Arizona sheriff Arpaio continued racial ...
People's World all 14 news articles »
- The Latest: Trump abandons plans for infrastructure council - Washington Post (Thu, 17 Aug 2017 21:28:23 GMT)
Washington PostThe Latest: Trump abandons plans for infrastructure council
A group of Arizona Democrats is urging President Donald Trump not to pardon Joe Arpaio (ahr-PY'-oh). Congressmen Ruben ... But Arpaio refused to stop his immigration patrols, which led to his criminal contempt of court case. The lawmakers tell Trump a ...
and more »