Become a Member of the Arizona Coalition for Migrant Rights!
How do I become a member?
What is involved with becoming a member?
Membership in the coalition is open to any organization or individual willing to uphold the following responsibilities:
- Agree with the mission principles, purpose and goals of the coalition. Members shall not be bound by the specific positions of the coalition.
- Agree to publicly identify their membership in the coalition, when appropriate.
- Agree to respect the diverse views and opinions within the membership and to seek respectful means for communicating concerns and resolving conflict.
All coalition Members have the right to:
- Participate in coalition committees
- Receive priority in participation in coalition programs and activities
- Review coalition materials (bylaws, meeting notes, records of votes undertaken by the coalition and financial records)
Organizational Members are responsible for designating one official representative to the coalition, although more than one person from each organization may participate. Voting rights shall be limited to Organizational Members (1 vote per organization); Individual Members will not have voting rights.
The Board of Directors of the coalition will be representative of Membership, by both geography and area of work. During the coalition’s first three years the Board of Directors will be self-selecting. Thereafter Members will have the right to:
- Nominate individuals for the Board of Directors.
- Vote for new candidates to the Board of Directors.
- Propose changes to coalition Bylaws.
- Vote with respect to changes of coalition Bylaws.
Membership will not be dues based during the coalition’s first year. After the first year the Board of Directors may vote to institute membership dues, of a reasonable amount and on a sliding scale.
With any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (520) 868-0191 x104.